Thoughts about the skin
- scrap the whole epidermis and let it grow anew
- by putting lemon juice on face
- worsening the blemishes
- bacterial infection
Assumptions (can be wrong):
- gently hurting the epidermis will stimulate skin growth
- the acid lemon juice will erode the epidermis
How does skin grow? Does skin get replaced?
- Skin has layers.
- The outermost part of skin is epidermis (epi-dermis = over-skin). It is also the only layer relevant to this experiment.
- New skin cells grow at the base of epidermis.
- This pushes everything outwards.
- The outermost layer flakes off.
If all skin eventually flakes off, why moles stay?
What does a keratolytic agent do?